Why is FAFSA important for high school students?
- October 1st is when the FAFSA process opens and some funding is limited and awarded based on admission and financial aid application dates.
- Examples: Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) and Alabama Student Grant
- FAFSA information determines eligibility for grants, loans, and work-study.
- Alabama is one of several states that require a completed FAFSA as part of the high school graduation requirements.
- You MAY be eligible for up to $6895 in Pell for 22-23.